Availability: course, gradebook, item, section, block
By default our Moodle courses are closed to students until the teacher changes the availability setting. The video below demonstrates how to change course and gradebook availability, and also how to hide various elements on the main course page. Teachers will also find options for timed release of materials in the settings for individual activities and resources.
To modify the course or gradebook availability
- In the Settings navigation on your main course page, click on "Edit settings"
- Set the dropdown options for course or gradebook availability as desired
- Remember to save your changes by clicking the button at the bottom of the page
To hide or reveal items on the main course page
- Turn editing on
- Toggle the "eye" icon for the relevant item, section or sidebar block
- Grayed out items are hidden from students