Link to a folder on WesFiles
You can use this process to create any hyperlink for your course page. The example shows how to link to WesFiles in particular in case you wish to use WesFiles to manage course materials. The students will need to have access to the target folder in WesFiles. You can manage those permissions fairly easily using the "WesFiles Course Folders" application in your faculty portfolio. You can also manage the permissions by hand. The single-sign on available now on both Moodle and WesFiles means that users with permission will not be prompted to re-enter a user name or password.
- Get the hyperlink you need, for instance from WesFiles
- On your Moodle course page, turn editing on
- Click "Add an activity or resource in the desired course section
- Select "URL" (near the buttom of the left-hand column) and click "Add"
- Give the link a title
- Paste the URL into the "External URL" field
- Click "Save and return to course"
- Test the link to make sure it works as expected