Link to a file that is already on Moodle
You can use this basic technique to link to your files anywhere on Moodle. In this case I demonstrate how to link to a file in a Readings folder within the same course, but you can also link to files in other courses.
- Turn editing on
- Click "Add an activity or resource" in the desired section
- In the list of activities and resources that pops up, double click on "file"
- On the next screen provide a name for the file you are linking to
- In the "Content" area click "Add"
- Choose "Server files" on the left (to see all of the files you have on Moodle)
- Navigate to the file you want to link to
- Click "Select this file"
- Unless you need custom settings you can now click "Save and return to course"