Add a forum/discussion board to your course
Learn how to create a space for student discussion
Important: In order to thread a collection of posts as a discussion, be sure that respondents reply to an initial question rather than creating their own new questions.
Moodle forums have many options. Most importantly, you can create different types of forums. One attractive option is to create a "Q & A forum" where students will not be able to see one another's contributions until after they have submitted their own work.
- On your course page, turn editing on
- In the desired section of the course choose Add an activity > Forum
- Enter a title
- Choose a forum type, if you wish, or leave that setting as the default. If you choose a Q & A Forum, you should disallow email subscriptions.
- Add some instructions to the "Introduction" area
- Set other options as desired
- Use the question-mark buttons to see explanations of the different options
- Save and display to see that your forum has been created successfully
- On the forum page, click Add a new question to start a discussion