Collect student submissions and enter grades
- Learn how to get the files that your students have submitted in fulfillment of an assignment
- Learn an efficient way to add the grades for the assignment to your gradebook.
- It is possible to upload your own feedback files, but that process is not shown in this thumbnail series.
- You can enter assignment grades by using the process below or by entering them directly into the gradebook. Grades entered directly into the gradebook are no longer readily available for modification through the assignment interface demonstrated here. If you have a large gradebook, the process shown here is likely to be significantly faster.
- Click on the link to the assignment on your course page
- Click on the link in the upper right of the next screen to View # submitted assignments
- At the bottom of the assignment grading interface, check the box to Allow quick grading
- You might also want to bump up the number of Submissions shown per page to allow you to see your entire class
- If you change either of the two previous preferences, be sure to click the button to Save preferences
- Click Zip & Download all submissions or click on names of files in the grading table to download individual submissions
- Use the dropdown in the "Grade" column to assign grades
- Use the text box in the "Comment" column to give additional feedback
- Changes are not committed to your gradebook until you choose Save all my feedback
- It would be a good practice to save frequently