Create an assignment activity with a dropbox for electronic submissions
Learn one way to allow students to submit their work
Moodle has more than one assignment type. We demonstrate the simplest type with a digital dropbox on this page. If you want to allow students to submit multiple files, or if you want to upload your own files in response to each student, you will need to choose "Advanced uploading of files" rather than "Upload a single file." The advanced alternative is more flexible, but also requires you to set more options.
- Turn editing on
- In the relevant location in the course choose: Add an activity... > Assignments > Upload a single file
- Enter a name for the Assignment
- Type or paste the instructions into the editing window
If you want to offer a file of instructions for download...
- Select some text from your instructions
- Click on the chain "link" button
- Click Browse
- Navigate to the folder in your Moodle files where you want to save the instructions
- Choose Browse again to find the file on your own computer
- Double-click the file
- Click Upload
- Click on the name of the file in the Moodle file system
- Click OK
- Set your Grade scale. It's best to use a number, but you don't need to use 100.
- Set the due date for the assignment
- Click Save and display to see the assignment page you have just created
- On the main course page you'll see a link to the assignment in the relevant section
- The assignment will also show up in Upcoming events bucket when it is relevant