Add course assistants and auditors
Learn the basics of assigning roles to class participants
Do not use this process to add or drop regularly enrolled students. Adjusting the roster manually is appropriate only for assistants and auditors.
Regarding assistants: Please note that Graders and Course Builders have different abilities. Graders can grade student work for you, while Course Builders can add materials to the course. If you want someone to have both of these abilities, you must assign both roles to them.
- In the "Administration" area of your course click on Assign Roles
- In the left hand column of the roles table, click on Grader (or whatever role you wish to assign)
- In the search box under the right-hand column enter the name or user name of the person to be assigned
- Click Enter
- In the search results that appear on the right, click on the name of the person you are looking for
- Click the Add button between the two columns
- To assign the same role to another person, repeat from step 3
- To assign an additional role to the same or a different person, choose the new role from the "Role to assign" drop-down list just under the course name and repeat from step 3
- When you have finished, click Assign roles in Course at the bottom of the page