Make it your own
Learn how to change the look and layout of your course
There are many ways to make your Moodle course your own. The demo here shows you how to move the page elements around and how to change your theme. You can also add custom elements, but those options are not covered in this introductory series.
The drag-and-drop functionality demonstrated in the video is not available for Safari users. For this and other reasons, we recommend FireFox over Safari when working on Moodle.
- Click on the button in the upper right of any element in a sidebar to expand or collapse it
- In the main content column you can elect to show only one content section at a time by clicking the button in the upper right
- You can then use the dropdown menu at the bottom of the content column to move easily between sections
- Turn editing on to allow rearrangement of the sidebar elements
- From the administration area go to Settings and use the Force theme dropdown menu and Save changes to choose a different look for your course