Completely remove a file or files from your Moodle course
Review the difference between a file and a link to a file. Learn how to remove both.
In addition to the files you have in your course Files area, you will often have links to those files on your course page. When you want to delete an item, you need to remove any links first and then remove the item. Moodle will warn you if you try to do it in the wrong order.
- Delete link(s)
- Turn editing on
- Click on the small "x" to the right of the link(s) you want to delete
- Confirm deletion in the pop-up alert
- Delete the file(s)
- Click the Files link in the Administration bucket on the left
- Navigate until you can see the item(s) you want to delete
- Check the box to the left of the item(s)
- In the With chosen files... drop-down menu, choose Delete completely
- Confirm deletion by clicking Yes