- Click on the "Participants" link (usually) in the upper left on the main page for your course.
- Click the editing icon to the right of the phrase "All participants" near the top center of the page.
- Click on the role you wish to assign in the column on the left.
Graders can view and enter grades
Course builders can add content to your course
If you want someone to have both of these abilities, you need to assign them to both roles
- Search for your user in the list on the right. (The easiest way to do this is to enter their name or user name in the search box below the list).
- From the search results select the user you are looking for.
- Click the "Add" button between the two columns. The individual's name should then appear on the left.
- If you wish to assign additional individuals to this role, return to step four.
- If you wish to assign individuals to some other role, choose that role from the "Role to assign" drop-down above the search interface, and return to step four.
- When you are finished, click the button at the bottom of the screen to "Assign" the user to that role.